The Fund is a product of SM Business Consultants and has been established to facilitate meaningful and strategic partnerships between government and the corporate sector in the funding and implementation of socio-economic development programs. The objective is to enhance development efforts of all stakeholders with a view to leveraging available resources and achieving greater impact at community level.
Partnerships facilitated are on a per project basis and are based on the requirements and strategic obligations of each donor. The Fund identifies projects within government / municipalities that are already in the Integrated Development and Growth Plans of each municipality or provincial department. These are projects that already have gained the financial commitment of government but are in need of additional funding from the private sector. Once the donor identifies a project that meets with their SED strategy, SM Business Consultants as administrators and managers of the Fund, will then:
- Facilitate partnership negotiations with a government department/municipality on behalf of the corporate donor.
- Conduct an in-depth assessment of the project to determine its relevance, practicality, viability and the presence of appropriate resources to deliver on the objectives of the project.
- Determine the exact nature of activities to be implemented and how the outputs will be measured.
- Evaluate the extent to which a corporate donor would be expected to be involved and the duration thereof.
- Establish the exact nature and extent of the government involvement in ensuring the ongoing sustainability of the project.
- Submit a detailed assessment report together with a comprehensive budget to the donor with recommendations.
- On approval of funding, facilitate the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding by both parties and, thereafter, manage compliance to the terms and conditions of the agreement.
- Oversee the implementation of the supported project.
- Provide the corporate donor with ongoing progress reports as per the grant requirements contained in the MoU.
- On completion of the project, provide the donor with the closure report.
BACK TO SERVICES